After two years of slightly muted celebrations thanks to COVID, we’re all hoping that Christmas 2022 will be one we can share unreservedly with friends and loved ones. As such it’s predicted that entertaining will be big this year!
But how to make canapes and nibbles that people will be talking about weeks after the tinsel and lights have been packed away for another year? Well, The Watercress Company has done the hard work for you and come up with recipes for a range of savoury morsels that not only taste fantastic, are as pretty as a picture, but are a great way to use up the leftovers from the cheeseboard too!
What’s more, with watercress as a key ingredient in each dish you’re doing your guests a whole lot of good; watercress contains over 50 vital vitamins and minerals. Gram for gram it contains more vitamin C than an orange – essential for supporting the immune system in winter – more calcium than milk, more folate than a banana and more vitamin E than broccoli. High in iron and a rich source of protein and fibre too, watercress is a gift to us all!
WOW your Guests this Christmas! to ensure everyone gets in the Christmas Spirit.
Cheesy Watercress Tortilla Cups
Makes between 4 – 8 per tortilla, depending on cutter size
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
80g Watercress, chopped with big stalks removed
70g Cheddar cheese, grated
(or use any combination of cheese)
50g Parmesan, grated
Chives, chopped finely
1. Preheat the oven to 180o and grease a muffin tray
2. Using a pastry cutter, the same size as the holes in the tray, cut circles from your tortillas. Place the circles in the bottom of the muffins tray, one per hole, press them in until they fit and brush the tops with a little oil.
3. Fill the cups with a 50:50 ratio of cheese and watercress. Sprinkle a little parmesan over the top, plus a pinch of paprika, salt and pepper
4. Bake in the oven for around 7 minutes, until the tortillas look golden, and the cheese has melted
5. Top with a some of the cut chives and serve!